Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shop weekend...

SO... with everyone gone for the weekend, I got some good alone time in the shop. Finally gutted the Trump and got it out of the way for the time being while the motor goes through its 750 upgrade and some other tweaks. That made room for Mr. D's shovel to take the stand. TIME'S TICKING!!! Figure I'll give him a week or two to show some interest and then I'm going to gut it and make it the way I want it! (insert evil laughter here)

Also ripped the fuggin' SU out of the pan to see what's up with that. Most likely getting the Super E after I rebuild that, but you never know... Found a Mikuni I thought I had sold with a pan manifold adapter, so that could be another option... choices, choices.

Then I tore into the van. Cleaned up some of the underbelly goop and tightened all the loose shit. Hit most of the things on my shopping list other than a new radiator, which I'll hopefully find today. This week is new Ujoints, hoses, and more general clean-up and lube. I said lube. LUBE. Oh yeah. Nothing like the smell of a little van lube in the morning!

This...

Came outta this...


To be replaced by this...


Then I removed a tumor from this...


Only to finish the day disecting more of the underbelly of the van. No pics of that. Suck it. 

1 comment:

dan said...

Perhaps you could make those look like these...

http://pinktentacle.com/2010/03/custom-scooters-from-japan/