Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rolling in graves...

Yeah, I know this is the visual age, where we all need eye-stimulus to get the point across to our over-stimulated brain cells, but you're going to have to deal with blank space this time. No pics. I was reading along today, when I spied Ed Hardy Vodka ads and an article about all the "stars" supporting the release. I have no idea if this is new news, or old (many of you know how out of the media stream I am), but it just blows my mind.

The vultures of today feeding on the work of yesterday to crank out a buck. Can you say Von Dutch? How about it Christian? Don Ed may have studied under Sailor Jerry Collins, but what right does that give him to sell the soul of the past to Christian and his brand-whore network? Wow... I wonder who makes the dough off every Johnny Cash shirt they sell. What about those CBGB shirts I see on fashion darlings in Hollywood? Ramones shirts anyone? Fucking lame. I don't give a shit who's authorization you have or what licenses you bought. It just reeks. I'm getting older and just don't see the use in being a grave digger I guess. Everyone needs money to live. I get it. I'm no different. But robbing the soul from the things that were true doesn't seem like the way to do it. Keep digging guys, I'm sure some day you'll revive gay piano virtuoso bling and many other fine dead celeb fashions for the sheep to flaunt. It's much easier than creating something of your own. I'm sick of hearing how "it's all been done before", or "everything's cyclical", or "I've paid my dues". That's the bullshit that lame, creativity-lacking, mouth breathers use to explain theft and complacency. Whatever. I can't stop it, but I can sure stop supporting it. Hopefully you will too.

I'll keep laughing at the rap stars and media darlings wearing tattoo gear with all their tramp stamp glory and cleavage focus. Spit my drink out every time I run across another mom-and-pop clothing store that switched from country chic to tattoo grunge 'cause "that's where the money's at". Wait for them to move along so I can laugh at their next attempt at glory. Keep chasing... hope you find what you're hunting for.

I'll just continue to reminisce over the fact that it's the ideas and creations from the people they're so afraid of and "hate" so much that they claw over each other for when the fashion bell rings.

And people wonder why we say society doesn't work for us anymore. This isn't my neighborhood. This isn't my society.

FUCK 'em.

I'm going to go invent Liberace-flavored liquor and get rich... catch you poolside in Vegas baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liberache 'flavored' drink? EWWWW!!!

As for Ed Hardy, he is still alive. And Sailor Jerry left his estate to him, or at least his flash and shop in Hawaii.

I think Ed is robbing himself of his dignity or for a better part "selling out" like never before. What's worse is that he's doing the same thing to Sailor Jerry who would NEVER do that.

I was in one of those stores on Main St. in HB and saw a Ed Hardy T-shirt for 50 BUCKS!!! For a T-SHIRT??!!! WTF? It all sucks. I just laugh at all those Von Dutch and Ed Hardy guys. I still wear Sailor Jerry cuz he was the original and I only buy them on a hefty discount. Fuck full price. Later--Ray

Craze! said...

Yeah, I guess I should have added that Ed and his cronies are just as guilty for selling rights to Christian... I do respect Hardy for his work, but come on! I guess the Vodka thing just sent me over the edge... what's next? Ed Hardy tampons? You could do the winged snake on a maxi pad I guess...

Anonymous said...

That might be pretty good idea considering most people that wear the Ed Hardy stuff are douches anyway. I'm sure they could use a tampon every now and then as well. It could have a bedazzled string on the end. --Ray