Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lost a friend...

Well, I'm not the best at keeping up with the world these days. I, like most people, get caught up in the hustle and forget that there's a world outside our own that is turning whether we like it or not. This time, I find that it turned a way I'd prefer it didn't. Long time friend Robbie passed away late last year and I only found out recently. We hadn't seen each other in years, but had hooked up again last year through the wonderful world of the web. He'd moved his life to New Mexico, had a beautiful wife and they recently had their first child. Life was always bright for Robbie, because he was one of the few that fought through it in order to guarantee it would shine. I never knew him to give up or give in. Whether skating, fighting school, or whatever life threw at us, he always kept the rest of the crew rooted in the fact that it just "is what it is". You'll be missed brother. I'm really sorry I didn't go out to NM to see him. Don't wait on the things you think you'll do tomorrow folks.

Back seat of my bug... I think Mac Frizzel took this... probably Duncanville skate trip around 1988-89

Smurf Ramp - late 80's


A pic of Robbie later on doing the movie thing... 


Take care brother. 

No comments: