Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Rig Life - And so it begins...

Here I am in Sonora on the first journey with the new rig and I have to say, it's pretty freakin' amazing. Great campground that I picked on a whim, and even though it's been snowing today along with rain all night, I can't complain.

Rig's checking out pretty well. Only a couple little service issues to take care of once I'm back in civilization. When you jump out and purchase a thing like an RV on the pre-owned (why they don't just say used is beyond me), there are always the "oh shit" kind of thoughts that float around the brain like - "what about roof leaks?" or "what about roof leaks?". You can tell I was a little more than concerned that after spending its entire life in Arizona, I might have a unit that needed some help in the area of cracked or disintegrating seals and such. It rained like hell last night and not a drip, so I guess I can start putting that fear to bed and get on to the next.

Tail gate on the garage is a little higher than I would like due to the axles being flipped on this unit. Previous owner hauled gyrocopters and didn't have to worry about high-centering a bike on the trim I guess. He also took the thing to the wilds and parts-unknown, so the axles needed to be higher than normal. A good thing considering I'm mating to a HDT hitch up front, but a total drag when offloading scoots. Gotta come up with a fix for that pretty quick.

All-in-all, this quick excursion has immediately solidified all my harping on reduction as being a real deal. I sit here staring out the window to a great view with everything I need literally within reach. Tons of space in very little space at all. Really puts it all in perspective.

For those of you heading out to the DTMC swap, hit me up and I'll give ya the tour!



2 comments:

Doc14 said...

Jason can we get a list of where you and your home will be touring this year?

Craze! said...

As soon as I get the schedule locked down, I'll be posting it up for sure. Everyone's welcome to come and hang!