Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Opens your eyes even more...

To get out on the road actually "doing it" that is. Spent the last week in Sonora as you may know and after doing the rig thing even that short of a time, it's already evident that my list of "must haves" can, should and will get shorter. Yeah, I know I didn't hit every encounter you might need to prepare for, but snow, rain, sleet, sun, cold, hot, and everything in-between counts for a ton. Added a few things that I'll be needing and realized quite a few that would just be there for the ride, and I could use the extra space, so they lose.

Great friends and good times were had to help solidify my outlook on this whole shebang. Swap meet went over well, and the DTMC boys should be proud of the outing, especially for a first-time gig. Hopefully, they'll put it on again and give me even more reason to visit that neck of the woods. Truly gorgeous part of California that makes you forget the smog-ridden armpit that the LA surroundings presents.




Onward to the Hoedown and then bounce around the Southern end of Cali for a couple months until Born Free is in the rear-view. After that, who knows. I'm putting the schedule together now and will post it once I have a better feel for the in-between stops and such. 

See ya out there!

No comments: