Thursday, April 14, 2011

Anarchy Burger...

Hold the government, please. There, I made an old punk rock reference for you 'tards that can't get out of the 80's.

I'm angry again. Shocker, I know. I've picked up a lot of new readers since starting to post about full-time RV living, and I'm not sure if they're all ready for my rants, but I don't really give a damn.

"Why you mad today?"

Glad you asked. Today I got a notification from my wonderful bank... wait... I didn't get a notification actually. I had to find this out on my own. Silly me, thinking the bank would actually be proactive in letting you know something.

Anyway, I found two transactions on my account today that were simply listed as legal hold transactions. Totaled over 300 bucks. No idea what that is, and since calling the bank is only outdone in level of effectiveness by calling your congressman, I decided to pay a visit to the local bank building. After sitting around for a while, the nice lady (she was actually pretty nice) told me that it was the state of California that had snuck into my bank account without warning and taken the first 225 dollars. Then, because that wasn't enough, they also came back and took another 100 bucks for the service fee of stealing my cash in the first place. No authorization needed! It's the state. They do what they want.

She went on to let me know that it was the Vehicle Registration office of the state that took the funds and gave me the number associated with the transaction. Being the patient man that I am, I waited all the way home to call and find out what the fuck was going on at our great capital building. After bouncing around on hold forever, I finally got a woman who proceeded to tell me that I was charged for back registration on a vehicle that hadn't been registered for over two years.

Well, it was news to me that you have to register vehicles that YOU ALREADY FUCKING SOLD! Sorry for yelling, but you see, I don't own said vehicle anymore. It left two years ago. Amazing woman of brains at the state then proceeded to tell me that they did indeed have record of my affidavit of sale (release of ownership form from your title) for said vehicle, but that it never left the system.

She dug around a little bit and then came back to inform me that they had also taken money out of my state tax return this past year for another vehicle I don't own any longer. Same deal. Notification of sale on record. Never left the system.

They never left the system.

They snuck into my bank account and tax return to steal money to register a vehicle that they admit I don't own any longer.

They refuse to give money back.

Let that sink in.

I've paid for two vehicles to be registered in California when I no longer own them and I'm pretty sure that they aren't even in the f'ing state.

They refuse to give money back.

It's my responsibility to inform the state.

I DID INFORM THE STATE!!! YOU JUST TOLD ME YOU HAVE THE FILINGS ON RECORD!!!

WTF?

All total, it's over 500 dollars that I've "paid" this year for nothing. Nothing.

This is your state. This is your government. This is what is happening, because every office that can collect funds is being pressured beyond belief to bring in the cash. Forget one hand talking to the other. Now, not even the fingers on the same hand recognize what the others are doing. Think it's time to start worrying?

They came into my bank account without warning people. I have no record of any notice from the state, and I keep pretty good records.

Let that sink in again.

Time to get small and get ready people.

5 comments:

hooligan said...

wow, like how the fuck does shit like this happen? i'm sorry dude that is terrible, fuck the government.

kevinhog@aol.com said...

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!! That's plain old fucking CRIMINAL God Damn it!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK. A similar thing just happened to us. Like most bike/motorheads I have in my posesion vehicles that are in baskets and various stages of disassembly. Not only are these vehicles not registered, they are NON-FUCKING-OPED! This means I don't use them on the public highways, They are sitting in my garage. WELL...The Register-Nazis went into our bank and took 300 bucks to registered said vehicles and the bank mcharged an additional 100 bucks for the transaction. Now here's the next thing...They want me to insure these vehicles so they can be registered...FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!! When did it become constitusional to force me to spend money on shit I don't need or want??? Is this like Obamacare, where they force you to buy insurance and fine you if you don't??? How the hell do we stop these crimes, it's nothing but theft by the CRIMANILY NEGLEGENT STATE that spent its way to bankrupsy, most of which said spending not even voted upon.....Don't even get me started on this shit...I better stop now, laterdaze.

kevinhog@aol.com said...

Sorry for the bad spelling, I type like shit when I'm mad.

Craze! said...

I feel the pain Kevin. I finally got through to someone at the Franchise Tax Board and she was a tremendous help. Didn't even have to blow my top to get her to understand, so that tells me they deal with this EVERY DAY. She says that you're screwed on the bank charge more than likely, but that you can contact the DMV in Sacto at 916 657 8120 and press 1. Then wait till the spiel is done and press 0, then 1 again and you'll actually get to a human. The zero isn't on the menu, so you gotta do it just right. They'll refund any money taken from the bank by them if you can prove you no longer have the vehicle or had a non-op and no insurance during that time. We'll see...

kevinhog@aol.com said...

Thanks Craze, I'll try anything once, twice if I like it....