Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little progress...

Well, while I wait on more paint I figured I'd get the "paint booth" set up proper-like. I took down the menagerie of duct tape and replaced it with 1 1/4 PVC in a nice 10x7 size. Now I can drape vinyl till my heart's content and not worry about it coming down. The frame stays up even when parking the Buick inside and I can even simply lift the vinyl out of the way when it's clean. Not too shabby. Now I have to get the ventilation dialed in. Some simple box fans and lots of filters do the trick for me. Don't talk to me about non-exploding fan motors and shit. I made it out OK the other day and not even a speck of overspray in the shop that I could find. 3 filled filters and some old shop fans worked like a charm.

I'm gonna finally get that 8' fluorescent put in too, so light won't be an issue.


Next up I'm working on the tail section. Little fairing and seat pan action for ya.

No comments: