Monday, December 1, 2008

You gotta be f'ing kidding me!!!

Ok, so I get it that times are tough all over... I really do. We all feel the crunch no matter what your lifestyle, income, or whatever. It's gone beyond reasonable when the companies and people that you have placed your business and trust in for so long begin to wither and fail due to issues "beyond our control" as someone put it. The reality is that everything is within our control... sometimes we just don't like the options or the outcome.

Case in point... I just got a letter from the credit card company that I've used for what seems like forever. Good company, never steered me wrong and allways gave me a fair deal. Until now. Seems like the good people over at Citi holdings have decided that it's in "the best interest of customers to raise interest rates to insure the health of the company"... I shit you not. That's what the lady just said to me...

How in the world is it good for your customers to fuck them out of more money than they signed up for?? "You can opt out of the offer" I was told... Opt out? The OFFER???? They have the nerve to call rape an offer? I currently pay 8% on this card and it's the only one I have. I actually had another one in case of emergencies, but that company told me a month ago that due to the economy, they were having to close inactive accounts with no chance of reopening without applying again... didn't want low-interest cards out there not being used you know... but I digress...

So I have only this one card that has been great in the past at low interest and never even thought about moving to another card with one of those balance transfer lures that so many people get starry-eyed over. Nope, not me, loyal to the end... not really loyalty, but just honest business with a company that has always treated me right. Until now. Back to the "OFFER" letter I got... you know, the one that says after December 3rd, all purchases will be hit with the prime rate plus 18.99%!!!!! That's somewhere in the vicinity of a million and one percent right now I think... or 24... whichever's closest. Either way, that's a far cry from 8%! And this "OFFER" letter is such a deal, how could anyone pass that up??!

Well, turns out the offer does give you a choice, you can either get gang raped by the beast called CITI, or you can OPT OUT. OPT OUT? What the fuck? Yeah, you can tell them that "no, I don't think I'll let you take advantage of me". Great! The only problem is that they cancel your account and let you pay the balance back at the current rate instead of having access to a credit line that you worked hard to obtain and maintain over the years. Start from scratch loyal customer. It'll be what's best for you and the company (CITI), which is why we are here in the first place right?

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Well, I'm opting out. I'll lose my card and I will make every effort to never invest any time or money in anything that CITI corp owns again. Fuck 'em. With the largest stick or pole I can find!

That's what's best for me. Hopefully CITI can find a whole new group of dupes to mold into loyal fans at a later date and time, after they've lost all the money they could have continued to make to support their employees and "company" in the near term. I'm sure the US Government will have to step in and help them again due to these fine ideas of theirs.

I hate this shit. Hope we all keep our heads up, our banks filled just enough and our debt removed so that the whores of credit out there wither and die when all is said and done. I for one am done with credit cards. This is the icing on the cake. Convenience of debt is a thing of the past in my opinion. Stop now. Stop letting these monsters walk all over us and own our lives... do whatever you can...

No comments: