Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One man's trash...

...and something about treasure. Blah, blah, blah. Every now and again you get a diamond from coal. And coal is about what this damn Super E looked like when I started. I finally received my Master Rebuild Kit from S&S and got to town last night on getting the dang thing cleaned up so it can go on the Pan and get dialed with some miles before the Hoedown. 4 hours later, and coal starts to shine. Not too much though, I was more focused on the guts than the glitter for the time being. Even so, it looks better, and tomorrow we'll see how she runs. I'm hoping the stockish jets work. Sitting at a 70 main and a 28 intermediate. Should work, but since the pan has a mind of its own and is possessed by some otherworldly speed-freak, I won't hold my breath. Eh, fuck it, let's show some PMA! It's gonna jam!

Fuckin' thing looked like it'd been hit by a bomb... got it for a steal, so I'm not complainin' too loud.

Was a firebreather I guess...

After some spit, some shine, a whole lot of elbow grease and a damn fine kit from S&S, she looks a little more lively.

Next up was my garbage-find manifold.

It came out damn near like new.

First stage complete, now just gotta mount it and introduce it to petrol.

Wish me luck. Tonight's either gonna see me bangin' around town on the pan, or putting out flames in the garage. I'm keepin' the extinguisher at the ready no matter how much PMA you got!



No comments: