Monday, February 15, 2010

No pics... just rant!

I'm gonna blow off some steam here. Deal with it. Today has been a comedy of errors - read: everybody around me is fucking up constantly. It started when I had to go follow up on an apparent attempt at cloning one of my bank cards. Talked to the bank last week about it and did the merry-go-round of assinine questions with them before deciding to just cancel my current card on said account and ordering a new one. Today, I took a look further back on my statement and found another transaction that looked shady, so I called to have that one added to the complaint list. Rather than just simply adding the amount to the list, the wonderful Wells Fargo rep decided that I must need my other accounts frozen and have those cards cancelled (all of them)... what the holy fuck??

Of course, I only find this out when I'm at the Depot trying to purchase 220V gear for the shop and plumbing parts for my kitchen sink so I can, you know, have running water in my house again and actually be able to use my shop tools. No go. Nothing works. No cash, no pipe fittings, no breakers, nada. I had 20 bucks on me, and realized that I was screwed in this day and age of "ATM or Nothing".

I call the bank yet again, only to have little miss customer service proceed to tell me that the other rep I spoke to must have determined that all of my accounts might be in jeopardy. I asked how the fuck (yes I said fuck to the startled woman on the phone) they could be in a position to decide such things without speaking to me about it. I was told that they were sorry for the error, but that they can't reinstate a card after canceling it. Huh? So what are my options?

She says "Go to the branch and get a temp card. They'll be happy to issue you one and you'll be back to normal."

OH, YOU MEAN THE BRANCH THAT'S FUCKING CLOSED ON PRESIDENT'S DAY???? THAT ONE??? YOU GOING TO CALL THE MANAGER ON HIS/HER HOLIDAY AND HAVE THEM MEET ME THERE? YOU'RE GREAT!!!

She was trembling on the other end of the phone after my abusive rant at this point.

See, I don't like credit cards and the bullshit that surrounds them, so I only use cash and ATM at this point. My bad. I figured that I was covered since I have THREE FUCKING ACCOUNTS THAT I COULD ACCESS. Nope. Not enough mister Craze. We decided to shut them all down. Have a nice day.

Wonderful. I hate banks. I hate people. I hate people at banks. I hate that nobody these days gives a rat's ass about doing an actual job. They just want you off the phone and click whatever buttons make that happen. This combination of buttons has forced me to be locked out of any of my money. You may think it's only for one day little miss "go to the bank on a holiday", but in fact, it's more than that. It's an entire day that I've now wasted because I can't possibly do any of the things on my list with the 20 bucks in my pocket. Not to mention I need to eat and have no groceries since I've been out of the fucking country.

So to anyone out there that is in the business of customer service (which should be everyone except serial killers and even they need to listen in), make sure you actually listen to the problem before determining a solution, because the solution you pick might just be a bigger problem than the original issue if you don't.

People like me have maps and internet. We will find you.

Don't even get me started on the granite people...

Time for my serenity prayer moment. Please hide the guns.

End rant...

2 comments:

dan said...

From one volcano to another; I lava you.

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

as soon as I read banks, I was with ya...and Wells Fargo was the start of a long list of banks that have earned my anger and mistrust.