Monday, June 29, 2009

Swappin' like you mean it!

Yep, yesterday was the June edition of the Long Beach Swap Meet. For the first time, I decided to load up the truck and become a vendor. Somehow, I found enough time on Saturday to put all my crap together and load it up. Got down there by 5:15am Sunday, and was still like the millionth person in line... No biggie. Got a spot next to Chris (Blue Collar Moto) and had a great time just sitting and shooting the shit with some friends and people at the show.

Actually made out pretty well in the end too. Got rid of the '62 Pan motor... that guy got a screamin' deal... and unloaded all my Sporty take-off shit along with a fair amount of the crap that wasn't going to get used any time soon. Also had Shad go from "yes" to "no" about a million times on the Yammi. Finally got a call from him after he left that got us back to YES! Good man! Got cash in my pocket, had a good lunch down at Joe Jost's with Chris and his OL, and made it home in time to crash a bit!

I think next time, I'm gonna go back to just being a tire-kicker though... didn't even get a chance to walk the show and spend any of my loot!


1 comment:

Doc said...

Awwww Fuck! Yeah, you got some salesman skillz Homeboy! I'm lookin' forward to d-day.

XoXo!

-Me