Thursday, March 31, 2011

Well, my name is Craze after all...

A lot of people seem to ask if I've lost my mind. I really don't think so, but I'm biased. I think I've just gotten to a place where most people don't get until sometime near death. Seriously. I've seen my share of people come and go, and each time I've been witness to someone's eventual trip to the fertilizer farm, I've seen amazing turns in attitude. Kings wish to be paupers, stars wish to be unknown, and those who constantly climb ladders wonder why they spent their entire life looking up other people's skirts rather than enjoying the step they were on.

I get it. Maybe I don't "get it" get it, but I think I understand more about myself now than ever before, and that's all I can shoot for. I've watched self-important douchebags act like the world can't touch them, but it will. I've seen the most horrible people hide behind an image of being "family" and "friends", but those acts always have an end. I've been party to it all from both sides of the fence and have no problem saying so. The big thing is knowing when to step off the train and being willing to stay the path under your own steam regardless of how long the road is. Too philosophical for ya? Oh well. Go back to your comfort zone.

Me? I'll be making sure I step outside any gravity sucking "comfort zones" for as long as I can. I think they make us stale. I think they keep us cowed. I think they make you look back on your life in the end and wonder "what the hell was I thinking". I've done a ton already, and hope to do more before the bell rings. Some say "no regrets"... I'm trying to live it.

See ya out there.

2 comments:

Doc14 said...

Word to that Craze!!! Back off with your judgement people. LOL Keep on Keepin on bro, just do you, that is what I try and do.

dkb/Oily Side Down said...

yup you've lost your fucking mind :) keep it up!!