Monday, July 11, 2011

And I'm off!

Not on the road again. That comes next week. No, this time, I'm off to a new venture doing that wild and crazy tattoo art I've been threatening to take up. I've done about a million and one pieces of fake skin and was totally sketched out on digging into real flesh for the first time. I've got a ton of buddies that keep saying "I'll be your guinea pig", but I needed to stick myself before moving on to others. Some say it's a tradition, I just say it's a thing you need to know. If I have no idea how my work feels, then how can I feel right about putting ink in someone else?

Eh. Whatever. I finally got the time and the gumption to step up and start my damn practice thigh. Sitting here in the rain in Colorado, I put the EC logo on my leg and I'm pretty stoked. Just some simple line work and no real shading to speak of, but a good start nonetheless. Best thing about it, is that I did it using the machine that a friend gave me as a gift at Born Free. Little did he know that would be the catalyst to get me moving and shaking. Even gave it to me in a sock! I have to say that even with my severely limited experience behind a machine, this one rocks. Very responsive and great feel. I took a little under an hour actually running to get done, and Leigh's machine felt great. Thanks buddy, means the world absolutely!

Feast your eyes on my first...





2 comments:

kevinhog@aol.com said...

GAWD DAMN CRAZE!!!! I'd rock that shit in a fucking heartbeat! Way to go brudda damn! You are a multi talented mofo fo sho! When you opening thye salon?

Craze! said...

Thanks man! No shop for me. I'll be adding tattooing to my "on the road" repertoire!